Hello and Happy September!
I still can’t believe how 2020 has unfolded in front of us. Some days feeling as if we have no control over what our lives are/were from day to day. But here we are! We have survived 8 months of 2020 and we are on our way to a 9th. Each of us finding our way through the chaos and calamity. Each of us finding our true tribe and embracing them. Each of us respecting one another in new ways and becoming more aware of what is truly important. With that being said, THANK YOU. Thank you for being a part of this studio family. Thank you for respecting one another in many ways. Thank you for following hygiene protocol.
PLEASE REMEMBER TO WEAR YOUR MASK TO AND FROM, IN AND OUT OF THE STUDIO!
We are open! We are implementing safety protocol and guidelines as recommended by the state of NV and the CDC.
We are asking all patrons to bring their own towels, waters, straps for the reformers and wearing of socks. We also ask that you come in and wash your hands, clean your reformer and wash your hands after your sessions.
We completed the Virtual Video Subscription in conjunction with The Happy Destination. (TheHappyDestination.com) See LINK
Remember the best way to fight any virus or cold….is immunity.
- Don’t smoke.
- Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise regularly.
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- If you drink alcohol, drink only in moderation.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
Tropical Sea Breeze Smoothie
- 1 carrot, washed, peeled, and chopped into about 5 pieces
- 1 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 whole clementine, peeled, segmented
- 1 inch knob fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 6 to 8 ounces freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ⅛ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup ice
- sweetener, optional
- Add all ingredients to a high powered blender in order listed (sweetener is optional); process until completely blended.
- Taste for sweetness and adjust accordingly.
A MOVE TO REMEMBER
Target area: Abdominals—especially the six-pack or rectus abdominis.
This is not a crunch. The abdominals must be pulled way down into a deep scoop as you use them to control a slow, smooth curl up and roll down. Precision in this type of scoop is one of the secrets of Pilates.