I hope you are all finding NEW ways of living. I know it’s been a challenge to adjust to all this uncertainty.
As many of you have experienced so much change, with change comes blooming, a newness. We have had to pivot and move and shake in ways none of us saw coming or even knew how to do. But here we are, some of us are in the middle, some stuck in the beginning, others are just trying to wrap their heads around it all. All of us kept going in our own way. No matter where you are, it’s ok. It’s ok to take things at the pace you can handle. Remember while going through these times, to slow down your mind, relax and find a positive note wherever you can. And know you are not alone.
We are planning to open when we are given the “Green Light” to do so. We will be implementing safety protocol and guidelines. Once we have those in detail we will communicate those to you.
We will be asking all patrons to bring their own towels, waters, straps for the reformers and wearing of socks. We also ask that you come in and wash your hands, clean your reformer and wash your hands after your sessions.
We are also working on a Virtual Video Subscription as well as a Virtual Retreat in conjunction with The Happy Destination. (TheHappyDestination.com)
For the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (makes 1 1/4 cups total)
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
For the strawberry spinach salad
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 handful thin sliced red onion
- 5 cups baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbles (optional)
- 1/2 cup Strawberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Make the strawberry salad dressing: In an immersion blender, small blender or standard blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. (An immersion blender and small blender are the quickest, but you can also use a standard blender: just blend for a few minutes until fully combined.)
- Prepare the salad ingredients: Slice off the tops of the strawberries, then slice them long-wise. Thinly slice the red onion (see the video for this method). If necessary, wash the spinach and mixed greens. Chop the pecans (if time,toast them, to enhance the flavors).
- To serve, place the greens on plates and top with all ingredients, then drizzle with the strawberry vinaigrette salad dressing (about 2 tablespoons per serving). Refrigerate the remaining dressing for up to 1 week.
A MOVE TO REMEMBER
- Lie faceup with your arms extended out to your sides. Bend your knees over your hips and and lift your feet off the mat.
- Let both knees fall to the right, keeping your lower back on the floor.
- Return to starting position, and then repeat on the other side.