into 1/2 inch cubes or strips)
• 1/4 tsp kosher salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic minced
• 1 yellow onion diced
• 8 oz cremini mushrooms sliced
• 1 tbsp paprika
• 1/8 tsp cayenne powder (optional, See Note 1)
• 3 tbsp flour
• 3 cups beef broth
• 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
• 12 oz package wide egg noodles (or pasta of choice)
• 8 oz sour cream
• 2 tbsp fresh parsley choppedDirections
1. Set the 6-Quart Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker to the BROWN/SAUTÉ function.
2. Season beef with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker. Add half of the beef and cook until browned, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Set aside and repeat with remaining beef (See Note 1).
3. Add the garlic, onion, mushrooms, paprika and optional cayenne powder. Cook, stirring until tender and browned, about 3 minutes. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute more.
4. Stir in beef broth, Worcestershire and add browned beef. Close lid and steam valve. Select SOUP function, be sure pressure is set to HIGH, and set time for 12 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
5. Stir in egg noodles, close lid and steam valve. Select SOUP function, be sure pressure is set to HIGH, and set time for 5 minutes. When finished cooking, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions.
6. Remove lid and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and sprinkle with parsley.
1. This is for a little kick of heat. I often times prefer to use Berbere spice too, which is an Ethiopian spice blend. Warm, very aromatic and a house favorite. Either is completely optional.
2. You want the beef to brown on all sides, and if too crowded the meat will steam, so work in 2 batches.